Into The Dragons’ Den | Match-A-Quest is a twist on the classic children’s memory game that challenges players to reclaim treasure stolen by a group of dragons. This tile memory game is fun for the whole family.
You are one of several villagers that have band together for multiple quests with hope of reclaiming treasure stolen by a group of dragons. You’ve been promised various amounts of coin if you can find the treasure and return it to your kingdom. Keep watch of other villagers because although you agreed to join this group to have strength in numbers, others may be in it just for the promise of coin earned for treasure returned to their own kingdoms.
To be the villager who has earned the most coin for their reclaimed treasure at the end of the game, with each game consisting of 1 to 6 separate quests into the dragons’ den.
For each quest, players take turns flipping over 2 tiles trying to reclaim treasure by matching 2 tiles with the same face image.
Matching 2 treasure tiles allows you to place the matched tiles (the reclaimed treasure) stacked and face up around your Kingdom Gem tile.
- A reclaimed Shield treasure protects you from the Dragons’ Breath and you do not have to drop a treasure if you match a Dragons’ Breath in any subsequent turns.
- A reclaimed Invisibility Cloak treasure allows you to flip over 3 tiles instead of 2 on your following turns (being invisible, you more easily sneak around the dragons’ den).
- A reclaimed King’s Chalice or Queen’s Crown treasure allows you to take one additional turn immediately after it’s reclaimed.
Matching 2 Dragons’ Breath tiles forces you to drop one of your reclaimed treasures with the highest coin value by placing the Dragons’ Breath tiles face up on top of it, unless you have a Shield. If you have already reclaimed a Shield or do not have any reclaimed treasure, the Dragons’ Breath tiles are placed like any reclaimed treasure.
During your turn, if you flip over 2 dragons of any color you may continue flipping tiles until a flipped tile is NOT a dragon tile.
If a match is not made and all 4 dragons are not found, you flip the tiles back face down and your turn is over. Play continues clockwise.
A quest ends when all 4 Dragon tiles have been found on a players turn.
A game ends when all quests into the dragons’ den have been completed.
Earn extra coins by…
- successfully completing your secret quest.
- matching your treasure icons with your Kingdom Gem tile icons.
- finding all 4 dragons to end the quest.
The player with the most coins at the end of the game wins!
Some tile examples:
- 2 - 8 players
- ~15 minutes per quest (play as many quests as you want…from 1 to 6)
- Ages 8+
- 96 Tiles
- 90 Tokens
- 1 Cloth bag
- Instruction Booklet
See It In Action
Use the link below for more detailed instructions on how to play.
Instruction Booklet (English PDF) | Download